Content Creator & Marketing Strategist
The 604 Group is a multimedia organization including 604 Records, Light Organ Records, Simkin Artist Management, Comedy Here Often, and Intraset Records. With over 20 years in the music industry, the label group is home to diverse rosters and has developed some of Canada’s most renowned recording artists such as Carly Rae Jepsen, Theory of A Deadman, Dallas Smith, Marianas Trench, The Zolas, Louise Burns, Coleman Hell, JoJo Mason and many more.
We offer a hybrid work environment, great extended health benefits, and competitive personal time allowances. Our headquarters are in the Railtown area of Vancouver, BC with a satellite office in Toronto, ON.
We are looking for a qualified Content Creator & Marketing Strategist to join an exciting campaign.
This role requires a person who is creative and ultra-organized. You are skilled with a camera and editing technology. You have a love for all things related to engagement, social media, and entertainment marketing. You are well-versed in content optimization. You are up to date with best practices around social media posting and advertising. You are also a team player who will approach our marketing meetings with plenty of ideas and a well-organized content calendar. And of course… You love pop and rock music!
About The Role:
Core responsibilities include content creation (shooting and editing video and photos), creating assets (ads, graphics, posters and more), social media management, community management of fan interactions, collaborating with the project manager on marketing ideas and strategies, optimizing ad assets, monitoring online engagement growth, and content calendar upkeep. Some travel may be required.
- Proficient in editing of video content.
- Videography and photography for specific 604 artists including live shows, in-studio behind the scenes, and promotional events.
- Managing the social media accounts of specific 604 artists. (Creating posts and posting on social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and Snapchat.)
- Community management: monitoring fan chatter and reporting back to project managers of fan feedback and important information.
- Providing a consistent output of creative social media marketing ideas and plans weekly (contests, promotions, video content, etc.)
- Creating and editing content (digital posters, Tik Tok clips, promotional ads, BTS clips, Instagram stories, etc.)
- Occasionally going on the road with artists during tours to film shows and manage social media accounts from the road.
- Working closely with project managers to brainstorm and execute marketing and promotional ideas.
- Working closely with the project managers to create social media and digital marketing campaign schedules.
- Keeping up to date on social media trends and new opportunities, and their relevance to our artists.
- Monetizing all social media content where possible.
- Assisting in the coordination and booking of online advertising (Facebook/Instagram ads, YouTube ads, Tik Tok ads, etc.)
- Assist with the coordination of livestream events for specific artists, both for in-house audiences and online audiences.
- Representing the artist and the label at external projects such as video shoots and photo shoots, charitable events, fan events, and shows.
- Editing (Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
- Social media best practices
- Creative eye
- Excellent communication
- Time management
This is a one-year contract with the potential to extend.
The 604 Group is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout our company culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Women, men, and non-binary identifying, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, people of colour (BIPOC), persons from the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, and other equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and portfolio or content links to: email@example.com